Two years ago I released to all blog subscribers the Lego Christmas Activity Workbook. Last year, the Easter Workbook. The response has been amazing! You have loved the simple activities helping your family redeem the seasons. And I am super excited today to share with you the ABCJLM Thanksgiving Activity Workbook.
“Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." I Thessalonians 5:16-18
Thanksgiving is a wonderful time to focus on this commandment. But for the past few months, God has been teaching me that is more than thanking God each November. When thanksgiving becomes a way of life, our entire lives will be changed. Instead of drowning in our circumstances, we begin seeing God as Sovereign Lord, a provider, and a protector. To help your family and mine begin this life changing process, I have created the Thanksgiving Activity Workbook.
Objectives for the Workbook:
1. To place God at the center of the Thanksgiving holiday.
2. For the child to understand how much God has done for us and why He should receive praise.
3. To teach the child various ways to praise God.
4. To create traditions that draws a family together.
5. To “impress” Christ on the child (Deuteronomy 6:7).
1. Psalm 100 is one of the most popular chapters for praising God. For this reason, this Workbook centers around memorizing this psalm using a storyboard and actions.
2. Weekly crafts, songs, and activities to support the learning.
3. A Thanksgiving Tree to develop an ongoing list of praise.
Because you may not be familiar with the traditional songs used in this Workbook, I have created YouTube videos to allow you to hear each song and see the actions. Links to these videos are provided in the workbook. (Please do not share the links to these videos.)
How can I get the Thanksgiving Activity Workbook?
If you are reading this blog post in your email or in a RSS feed, scroll down and you will see the link for the workbook at the bottom of your email or RSS feed (look for the blue arrow). Follow the directions after clicking on the link.
If you are reading this blog online or through Facebook and have not subscribed, the FREE link is available to blog subscribers. But don't wait because the link to the PDF file is only shared once a week on Tuesdays. So if you missed this week, you will have access to it next week if you subscribe and confirm your email address now. http://forms.feedblitz.com/266
Can't wait to hear what you think and how you adjust the ideas for your family!
PS. The Christmas Activity Workbook will be re-released in the coming weeks.
This post may contain affiliate links. Without any cost to you, when clicking on these links you are helping to support the further development of this blog and the ABCJLM website.